Friday, September 8

Have a crazy week

So this week was long. My bosses Ken and Tony were in Cali all week for a meeting, Nicole injured her arm and apparently Loni had a previously scheduled vacation. That left me, Mike, Laurens and Brian to run the store. And this was Brian's... 4th week I think. So really it was me, Mike and Laurens.

My schedule went....
Wednesday: 12 pm to 10 pm
Thursday*: 10 am to 10 pm
Friday**: 3 am to 2 pm
Saturday: 3 am to 2 pm
Sunday***: 3 am to 1 pm

*Thursday I was going to leave early, but then a register went down. As in stopped working. Great. I had to call the Help Desk (Trader Joe's ITS) where they talk to me like a 4 year old until they figure out that I'm actually computer literate. So I ended up staying until after 10 while Dave at the help desk rebooted our server and reset all the registers.

**Friday we met Stan. Of course Stan isn't his real name but I wasn't ok with Shannon continuing to call him the crazy bleeding man. Yes, that's right, the crazy bleeding man. It's 5:30 or so and I'm putting some produce back into the cooler when I here Chuy calling my name. Shannon is apparently at the front door calling for me. I come out of the back and she comes running up and says "there's a crazy bleeding man at the door and he keeps wiping his face then licking the blood off of his hand."

Michael is standing at the door telling him, no he can't come in. So I call 911, Michael continues to try to shout at him and Chuy's got his face pressed up against one of the windows trying to see what's going on. The ambulance comes and he's taken care of, but the whole situation was sketchy.

a) He claims to have fallen while fixing a flat tire across the street at the Red Roof Inn. But why did he not try to get help there?
b) He walked past Max & Benny's restaurant which not only had lights on but had an open door with workers coming and going to instead come to our door.
c) He was mad we called 911 because he'd already used his cell phone to call buddy to help with the car. I'm sorry, cell phone? Why are you at our door?

These are the moments that make me wonder if I'm really ready to be a manager and an adult. I didn't know how to handle that. Shannon and I were shaking like leaves, Chuy was making jokes and Michael was being our big tough protector :D

***Sunday Chuy called in sick, leaving me and Rob as the only people in the store until 7 am. Umm right, yea, I guess you work that half, I'll work this half? Basically Rob and I had to do the work of 5 people on a good day. Sure. Easy.

By the end of this week I was just happy it was over. I sure hope I get a raise and a promotion soon.

No comments: