Tuesday, April 6

run!

I went running today! I find myself a mere 20 min drive from the US National Whitewater Center. So not only does this place have awesome opportunities for rafting and kayaking, but also miles of wooded trails to explore.




Seriously. Don't tell me you wouldn't have rather spent your afternoon out here with me than in your office or wherever. Just look at that lake!


Well, anyway, today was also the first day I used my fancy new phone app "My Tracks" to see how far I went. Not only does this app measure how far, but also how fast, the elevation changes, average overall speed, average "moving speed" (you know, minus those times I stopped to take pictures) and also gives me an awesome little graph of speed overlaying elevation change.

I have to admit I'm pretty proud of myself. I went almost 5km (ok so I forgot to put in english units before starting out) in just over 45 minutes "moving time." Total elevation change over the course: 128m. Max speed: 9.18 km/hr (5.7 mph) and average speed: 6.33 km/hr (3.9 mph). Not bad considering the hills and woods and my fear of bees. ( I only had to sprint away from one bee... but it was huge!)

I won't delude myself into thinking I'm going to start running regularly like this, but it's nice to know it's an option. Maybe once a week? once every two weeks?


Anyone want to go running with me in Charlotte, NC?



Are you sure that's a no?

2 comments:

Jenna said...

I would totally go running with you in that gorgeous scenery!! Okay...it would probably be walking....

Amy said...

dude...last post was in April. Need an update. for reals. do it.