Wednesday, December 15

Play music loud enough to drown out all thoughts

I get yelled at for playing music too loudly. Too loud for who? Maybe just loud enough. Loud enough to drown out the sound of the people talking near you. Loud enough to muffle the noise of the bus. Loud enough to block out all thoughts except for the music. I like that feeling. So I got this cd a while back and it's perfect for that. I love my computer speakers. The sub shook our entire house without sounding staticy when I first tested them at home. But this cd is better in headphones. So I'll sit at my desk or lie on my bed just listening. Not even thinking. Enjoying. How can music do that? And why does different music do that for different people? And I'm not talking about the way you hear a song and it reminds you of something or someone and you have some sort of memory flash. Just the way it can transcend all that. Maybe I'm weird. Check that. I'm weird and maybe in this way I'm unique. Thoughts? comments? favorite cd for this purpose? let me know. I want to hear.

No comments: